Let us all welcome Colina Brennan for an interview about her book Addicted To You and some personal things about her. This interview was done by New Leaf Literary. The blurb and purchase links for her new novel are available below.
Author: Colina Brennan
Release date: June 25th 2013
Series: Addicted To You # 1
Age Group: New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Add to your library: Goodreads
On her book, Addicted To You
1. Is this book part of a series?
Yes. There will be a second novel in the Addicted to You universe, which will focus on a separate couple.
2. What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?
Probably the scene where Leah and her brother run into Will at the party. A lot of things happen between the beginning of the night and the end of it, and it was fun writing about how their relationship subtly shifts.
3. Who’s your favorite character to write and why?
Leah, because it was amusing to push her character and see how she’d respond. There were times I actually had to scale her back a bit and soften her up because she already comes off a little harsh.
4. Is there a character / characters in your books you particularly identify with?
Maybe Will because I’m a naturally optimistic person.
5. Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is special?
Leah doesn’t bother trying to get along with anyone she doesn’t genuinely care about. And since it’s difficult to grow close with anyone new if she doesn’t bother trying to get along with them, there are very few people who she has truly allowed into her life.
6. If you gave one of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?
Leah isn’t much for talking about herself, so she’d probably tell you to mind your own business.
7. Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
Leah’s situation with her brother is one that echoes my cousin’s. She basically raised her little sister after she challenged her mom that she could do a better job.
8. Leave us with a teaser/quote from your book?
“Will would show her that he was an addiction worth keeping.”
1. What writers inspire you?
Gayle Foreman, Katie McGarry, Lauren Oliver, and Jessica Park. I also enjoy Colleen Hoover and Cora Carmack.
2. Book for a long journey?
Probably something sweet, not too heavy on angst or heat. Maybe something like The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith.
3. For your own reading, do you prefer ebooks or traditional paper/hard back books?
I don’t mind either way, but I find I read faster with traditional paper/hard back books.
4. What book/s are you reading at present?
Fixed on You by Laurelin Paige.
I honestly cannot wait to read Addicted to You. I know how hard Will's job will be. But I have positive vibes here! And you guys. Colina Brennan is absolutely winning me already. Those writers that inspire her are totally my favorites!
New Leaf Literary