Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Faking It (Losing It, #2)
Author: Cora Carmack
Release date: June 4th 2013
Publisher: William Morrow & Company
Series: Losing It # 2
Age Group: New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Add to your library: Goodreads


Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.
Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he’s kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they’re forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel. (via Goodreads)



I've never been an insta-love fanatic. But there are insta-love romances that I loved. This is one of them. And honestly, I just love Cade and Max's love story. True, they come from very different worlds. But it didn't stop them from being together in the end. 

Max asked Cade to be her fake boyfriend. As crazy at it seems to be, Cade agreed. So there goes there fake relationship becoming something more. They actually had that love at first sight vibe, you know. Although they were both afraid to admit it because Max had a boyfriend that time and they both believe they wouldn't like each other since they are both different. But true love know no boundaries, right?

I gotta say, I'm so impressed by Cora. As much as I love Garrick, I became more attached to Cade. I don't know why. But Cade's character was more scrutinized in a way. So I was able to know him in a deeper way. I also like the story line of this one. It has equal amounts of love, pain, letting go and hope. 

The thing that I loved most about this one is the journey that Max and Cade had just to realize they were totally in love with each other. It was love at first sight kind but it also wasn't. They still have to work for their love to be seen. It was just so sweet, okay. And Cade. God, I wish every woman in this world will have someone like him! No kidding. And oh, you'll love Cade more when you read what he did just to be with Max always. I mean, I guess not everyone will want to do that.

And you know what's more? I cried. In all honesty. I didn't know that I would actually cry because of this. Max's story was more than you think it is. It was heartbreaking and I'm so thankful that Cade was there to help her. Even for Cade, I know he did something out of his way just to be with her. 

Faking It speaks more than just that blurb. It's painful but there is also that hope in the end. This really has a realistic feel that will make you laugh and cry a lot of times.

P.S. I'm so excited for Kelsey's story!!!


Many thanks to William Morrow Paperbacks for allowing me to read this through Edelweiss.

Hey, there! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you! I'll reply as soon as I can! ;)

The Bookish Confections . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates